Over the past week, the high mountain of Palisades Tahoe has received 17 inches of fresh snow. This storm brought cold temperatures that helped preserve the existing snow and provide better coverage on the resort’s open trails.
The resort will continue to operate Friday through Sunday through the end of May, as well as Memorial Day. This weekend, Palisades Tahoe will be open for skiing and riding only on the high mountain, with terrain for all skill levels.
Eight ski lifts are due to operate and the Gold Coast Terrain Park will be open. Mountain Run is now closed for the season, so guests should expect to download instead of ski to the base area.
Groomers are the place to be this weekend. Our grooming crews have been working around the clock since yesterday so all key points will be in top shape: the Siberian face and ridge, the Gold Coast area, the Shirley Tree runs and all lift areas for beginners. In the base area, all the new snow we received is mostly melted, and at the top the snow has settled to about 8 inches.
Due to warming temperatures, there will be a risk of wet slips throughout the weekend. Because of this, we will have little to no open hiking terrain. The ski patrol will assess conditions throughout the day. Also, if the snowmelt is accelerating quickly, we may call some pitches at noon. Real-time updates on last-minute terrain closures are available on our Mountain Ops Twitter account.
Please note that even with new snow earlier this week, end of season conditions exist. If you choose to ski off-piste, ski carefully as rocks and other hazards may lie just below the surface and not be marked.
– Blog post
- Elevator and Terrain Updates
- The lifts will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- This weekend, Granite Chief will be CLOSED due to heavy snowmelt on the ridge.
- We aim to run Big Blue, Mountain Meadow, Bailey’s Beach, Aerial Tramway, Funitel, Gold Coast, Shirley and Siberia. Solitude is gated and VERY thin at the bottom, but we try to keep it somewhat maintained so we can open it if another elevator fails.
- As a reminder, Mountain Run is CLOSED for the season.
- There will be ski team practices on Shirley’s 5th tree. Please respect their space.
- Our Parks team cleaned up the Gold Coast Terrain Park after this week’s storm and also added some new features. The Gold Coast Terrain Park will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Sunny skies and warm temperatures will make for a great weekend at Spring Skiing Capital™️. Guests will celebrate the conditions with the following themed weekends:
- May 13-15: Rodeo – Dress up in your best cowboy hat and shorts
- May 20-22: Surf’s Up – Put on your bathing suits and bikinis to surf the slush
- May 27-30: United States! – Break out the red, white and blue for a patriotic Memorial Day weekend